Sunday, January 20, 2008

n770 WSOD

Apparently the Nokia n770 ALL have a White Screen of Death failure. The characteristics are the machine boots up with normal sounds, but the screen is white with faint vertical lines.

I just had that with mine...it was on the charger in New Orleans at night, the next morning WSOD.

I logged into the Nokia support site, and there is a chance it is under warrantee...but in reading up on the subject...even after a fix they sometimes crash again.

So even though I may get that one back and working...I bought a N800. More on that later.

1 comment:

K2021 said...

This is something that irritates me to death.

I just bought a new N770 about a year ago, THE SAME DAY it went WSOD on me.

Unfortunately, I went overseas with the unit and haven't gotten it returned, and I won't either.

Just upsets me that Nokia would ship something like this. Nokias gone from a top cell phone maker to one of the worst IMO.

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but it still pisses me off.