Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sprint Touch Pro 2 Bluetooth tethering

Well this caused me much anguish...I was fiddling around with the iPod, and caused iBluever to crash in the process...and couldn't get it working...so I rebooted my phone, and got a different failure...

I need to remember, that if I reboot the phone, I need to make this change.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings]
"ForceCellConnection"="Sprint" (it will always revert back to say "phone as modem" when you reset your phone)

iBluever runs fine, Bluetooth on the iPod is not as rugged or smart as I would hope.

I cannot run roqyBT (an app that allows the iPod to access a bluetooth GPS device) at the same time as iBluever is connected.

iBluever errors and what they might mean...

-L2CAP fail
=the iPod is not being seen by the TP2...I have mine set so that only paired devices can connect...
==solution is pair the iPod to the TP2 before starting iBluever

-chat timeout at CONNECT/r
=the iPod has connected to the TP2 and is attempting to access the internet, but failing
==solution 1, watch the phone and select "Agree" when the iPod wants to use services...
==solution 2, check that registry entry at the top of this post again.

-RFCOMM not connecting
=somehow the bluetooth is not connecting like it should
==solution 1, turn off iBluever then back on
==solution 2, turn off iPod then back on
==solution 3, turn off iPod and Phone, then back on (and don't forget the registry entry)

BTW, I actually don't have problems with iBluever, but I created an issue when I linked up the iPod to a bluetooth GPS.


The complete steps I took to enable the BT tether on the TP2 are here...

Make the following changes on your TP2 with a Registry editor:
1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll"
2. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"
3. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\Wmodem]
Check Profile=0
Connected=0
Multi-NAI=0
WModemDUN=0
4. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\DUNServ er\ControlPanel]
Enabled=1

But the only one that keeps changing (and I don't even know if the rest of the steps are important) is step #2.

No comments: