Monday, December 7, 2020

GoogleVoice through Obi200 to IncrediblePBX (FreePBX) on a Pi4 (part1)

 Long time no post.   Been doing stuff...but nothing completed, or worth documenting.


However this battle took days and the docs and instructions I found assumed you knew something.  (they were wrong).

BTW...some good links...

Documentation on all the settings for FreePBX (Incredible PBX)

Obihai support page

Obihai support video on how to set up Google Voice on Obi200

Nerdvittles article on setting up Incredible PBX on your Pi

How to set up your system so email works 

 

In summary, I installed the Incredible PBX (using an image) to the Pi4.   (I won't get into what a PBX or Asterisk or anything else is...this is simply my settings.)

 

Right now the only way to use a GoogleVoice phone number is through an Obi device (Polycon?)

I have an Obi200 that gives me a regular POTS phone line to plug into, but used a VOIP service on the other end...for example Google Voice.

 

I recently learned how to make an entry to the Obi that would allow a SIP phone (like a Cisco SPA504g) to call and answer on that Google Voice number.  (this won't explain that...I will link it)

 

A few months later I learned that I could take a PBX software, and have it call and answer through the Obi to Google Voice...AND then can have any number of SIP phones attached to it.  So instead of one SIP phone...a whole house full of them (if I so desire).  

 

Why would I care? I am already using a SIP phone for things other than my Obi telephone service.

 

So this string of posts will only involve taking your existing GoogleVoice setup on your Obi200 and pushing it out to IncrediblePBX and from there to SIP phones.

 

Part 1: I will start with the OBI settings in this post .   I don't know exactly why these are the settings...it just works (and some are different than all the tutorials I found) 

Part 2 will cover the phones and part 3 the Incredible PBX settings.

--------------------------------Danger Ahead-----------------------------


If you mess up your existing working Obi...not my fault...but I recommend that before you do this, you make a backup (or like I did, actually take screenshots) so you can put it back.

Good news is this does not involve editing the Service Provider settings of your existing GoogleVoice install...it does add one thing to the SP service associated with your GoogleVoice install.

To start, you have to enter the Obi Expert Configuration Menu on the Obi Dashboard (not your local device dashboard)

We will be working with the following that show on the left menu after you enter expert mode on the Obi

Service Providers: listed as A-D

Voice Services: listed as SP1-SP4 and some other stuff

I will try to list my setup, so you can modify to fit your setup.

 Service Providers:

ITSP Profile B is my Google Voice  main inbound service - we will not edit this.

ITSP Profile C is unused, I will connect my PBX to this profile

Voice Services:

SP2 Service is for Google Voice main inbound service - tiny edit here

SP3 Service is unused, I will my PBX will use this service


Obi is at 192.168.11.32

PBX is at 192.168.11.45

One cisco phone is at .33 and one is at .35 


To edit the Obi Expert Menu, you have to uncheck OBiTALK Settings, and then uncheck Device Default...sometimes you have to 'submit' there to go further...IDK.

Edits---

Service Providers > 

ITSP Profile C General

-General

Name = {whatever you want}

-Service Provider Info

Name ={same as above}

URL = {PBX ip address}

 

ITSP Profile C SIP

ProxyServer = {PBX ip address}

RegistrarServer = {PBX ip address}

OutboundProxy = {PBX ip address}

 ...

X_SpoofCallerID {uncheck Obitalk settings and Device default, check Value)

X_DiscoverPublicAddress {uncheck all}


Voice Services > 

SP2 Service

-Enable

X_InboundCallRoute = ph,SP3           (in my setup, the POTS phone is still connected and still rings)

                                                               (SP3 is for the PBX)

SP3 Service

-Enable

X_ServProvProfile = C    (because I created ITSP Profile C they go together)

X_InboundCallRoute = >(MSP2):SP2    (don't ask me what this does...but SP2 is where GV is)

X_AcceptSIPFromRegistrarOnly {check Value, uncheck the others}

X_KeepAliveEnable = {check Value, uncheck the others}

-SIP Credentials

 AuthUserName = {pick something, but you will use it on your PBX, I used obi200}

AuthPassword = {I put one in, but the check mark keeps going to Device Default...yet it works...}

                             (you will use the password on your PBX)

-Calling Features

MaxSessions = {something larger than 1...I used 6}

 

 

Some of those settings might be wrong, there may be better ways...but it works.  At the end I will attach the screen shots so you can compare notes.

 

On to Part 2 the phones.

 





 

 

 





No comments: