Saturday, June 21, 2008

Video of flight

I have hovered etc with the Helicommand equipped Blade 400, here is a video of the first out of hover flight I have made, including landing on an object (hot tub...covered). I fly it up to rooftop level.

I was kind of chicken, I didn't know how long the battery would last, so I minimized my time up there...also I still have some adjusting to do on the collective/throttle settings, I have too much throttle in to get it to climb. (so I use the battery faster)

But I am happy with the results...

The video was recorded with my camcorder connected to the 2.4Ghz video receiver. (it is located in the corner of the house the helicopter is facing). The Blade 400 uses the Spektrum DX6i RC transmitter which ALSO uses the 2.4Ghz frequency. I set the video transmitter to the lower end, and the Spektrum decides where to best put its transmissions (they go from about 2.35 to 2.45 Ghz).

Notice I only get one slight drop out and some video artifacts. The oscillations are from the Helicommand over correcting for my inputs.
Enjoy

No comments: