Sunday, April 12, 2009

Triple booting the Dell Mini 9 (part 1)

My other project is the Dell Mini 9.

I finally got my 64gig SSD card...I quickly installed XP on it to see how everything ran (it all runs great, and boots up faster than any other computer I own).

Now I decided to (attempt to) triple boot it with OSX, XP, Ubuntu. I am following the info on MyDellMini.com (or search for dell mini triple).

Because my stubbornness outweighs my lazyness (or vice versa?) I decided to move the XP partition I had to later in the drive (to make installation of the other OSs easier)...I burnt a live cd (GParted on it...there are many choices) and am now moving the 24gig partition...it says I only have 10 hours remaining until all the data is moved.

Common sense would say, wipe the drive, reinstall...or ghost the partition and wipe the drive and reimage...

But no...I will waste the 10 hours, it will probably fail, and THEN I will have to wipe the drive and reinstall.

No comments: