Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Koribo Leira wireless HTPC keyboard - review

There have already been a ton of reviews on this keyboard...so again I won't repeat the info.

Website here.

Summary is that this is a wireless keyboard, operating in the 2.4Ghz range, comes with AA batteries and a USB dongle (2.4 Ghz receiver).

The keyboard has a standard key layout, and some extra keys...a trackpad with mouse buttons on one side, a scroll wheel with mouse buttons on the other, and some multimedia keys.

I will say I have not tried to use the multimedia keys...I am just using this as a wireless keyboard.

So far it works perfectly. I plugged the dongle in, Win7 automatically loaded the drivers, pressed a key on the keyboard (the any key), the keyboard woke up and instantly worked.

I have used the scroll wheel, all the mouse buttons, the track pad, and the multimedia volume controls...as well as the actual keyboard. I have not used any other special keys.

It has a good feel to it, a good balance, good key feel. The only weird thing about this keyboard is there is no power button...it automatically powers off...so you have to punch any button to bring it back alive. Unfortunately that key you press immediately registers on the computer.

In my case I would be watching a video, the video ends, I attempt to use the trackpad...it doesn't wake the keyboard up, so I have to press a mouse button...then something undesired happens on the screen.

Spinning the scroll wheel does not wake up the keyboard...I don't remember if hitting the volume controls does. But pressing a mouse button definately does wake the keyboard up.

The hard part is finding one. I bought mine off Ebay from an Israeli ebayer...it has hebrew keys as well as the regular arabic keys. Doesn't affect the usability at all.

No comments: