Friday, April 4, 2008

Blew up two computers...

First one was a Soyo Dragon + that I had been using since it was new...I knew it was dying, but I put a raid on it anyway...it seems the mobo voltage regulator went completely now.

I hope the raid can be transported intact to another computer and used as is...it has a Promise PCI SATA card doing the dirty work.

The second computer has a graphics board cooling fan going out (I think) I can't easily access it yet, so I don't know for sure...but something is causing the graphics board to shut down while it is being used.

(edit: The video card issue, was due to the second fan giving out..the first one on this video card literally melted...I took one off another video card...6 months or so later the new fan needed some WD-40 on the bearing)

No comments: